MOME Database - Frequently Asked Questions
List of questions
- Do I need to have an account for the MoMe database?
- How can I create an account for the MoMe database?
- How can I submit a new measurement tool to the database?
- How can I submit a new measurement dataset to the database?
- How can a user become a tool maintainer?
- How can I add a tool which supports multiple operating systems or multiple metrics?
- What statistical data analysis capabilities are offered by the MOME database?
- Which data formats do the MOME data analysis tools support?
- To add a set of measurements, which I host and link from my webesite, do I need to add one entry for every measurement trace I provide?
- Still, is there a possibility to add a bunch of data sets?
If you only want to browse the database, then you do not need an account. An account is required in case you want to add (and maintain) an entry (either a measurement tool or dataset) to the database.
An unregistered user can create an account by clicking on the Register button in the main MoMe database page and providing user name, valid e-mail address and password.
First, you need to login as a registered user. Then click the Add button in the Measurement Tools database page and fill-in the required information.
First, you need login as a registered user. Then click the Add button in the Measurement Data database page and fill-in the required information.
As a tool maintainer you are allowed to update database entries for the tool you maintain. If you add a new tool to the MOME database, you become a maintainer for this new tool automatically. If you or somebody you know want to become a tool maintainer, just contact us and tell us why we should create this new user-tool-association. Once you are a tool maintainer it's easy to modify tool entries. Make sure that you are logged in and hit the EDIT link on the tool details page.
You can enable any set of attributes by clicking on one value and then clicking on another value while holding the Shift or Control key.
The MOME data analysis workstation can perform statistical analysis of packet traces submitted to the MOME database. Currently, the supported analysis tools allow for calculation of basic statistical parameters, like time-plots, average values of bit rate, and histograms of packet sizes, as well as split of captured traffic between different protocols and applications.
Currently, the MOME data analysis tools can analyse packet-level traces stored in the following formats: pcap, erf, and tsh.
To add a set of measurements, which I host and link from my webesite, do I need to add one entry for every measurement trace I provide?
No, you also can choose "WebRepository" as data type. This data type gives you the possiblilty to provide a "BaseURL", which should be linked to your entry page. But if you want to add analyses to one of your measurements, you need to add also a dataset that directly links to this specific trace.
First you can use FTP to upload meta-data in a defined ASCII-File format, plus (optionally) the measurement data itself. Second, MOME database can grep your data itself regularly. Therefore we need the URL where to find the meta-data and (again optionally) the corresponding measurement data. To get an ftp-account or register a new URL as MOME datasource, please contact us.